The current improvements have been in moving toward natural pasture-finished beef with improved genetics and heart-healthy beef.
To do this, we are constantly improving our herd and also tweaking our grazing techniques to make these ever more environmentally sustainable.
We have also started to direct-market our beef, meaning that we can now tell you almost exactly what your cow has been eating for it's entire life, and where it was processed. And you get better value for your dollar, as well as un-matched food security.
Unlike your supermarket beef, you can inspect every step of the way if you want to.
We think that you deserve to know exactly where your food comes from and how it was raised and made into beef cuts you buy.
How our beef is different
- Only locally-raised sires and dams are used.
- Humane treatment at all times (some even say they are "spoiled").
- No growth hormones.
- Antibiotics only when prescribed to cure an illness.
- Lots of fresh air, and all the water and grass they can enjoy.
- Our beef is bred to thrive on grass, not grain.
So, enjoy on this site all the information we can give you about how to get high-quality, locally-raised beef which keeps all of its natively tasty flavor.
We raise our beef just so you can enjoy it, just as we have for most of our lives.
Posted by Robert Worstell